Skip to Content
Skip to Main Menu

Help for Private Landlords

Energy Efficiency Assistance for Private Landlords

 The Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Sector) Regulations 2015 has implications for private landlords.

From April 2020, the new MEES rules will apply to all existing lets. You now  require an EPC rating of an E or above to let your property. Even if your tenancy is already underway and you have no plans to renew, as of April 2020 you will need to have an EPC rating of E or above.

 Click here for guidance:

Making your property energy-efficient to comply with the new EPC legislation needn't be complicated or expensive. It could be as simple as upgrading your boiler, installing a new central heating system or having cavity wall insulation. You just need to let your tenant know about any upgrades you are making to improve your property's EPC rating.

In many instances your tenant may be eligible for free or subsidised energy saving measures and may only need to pay a small contribution towards the required upgrades which could help you improve your property's EPC rating and achieve MEES.

Need an EPC?  Our experienced team of in-house surveyors can provide an EPC for £60 inclusive of VAT. 

Contact CHiL today to find out what help is available to you and your tenants. 

Free Gas Central Heating

We currently have funding to install FREE first time central heating to most rented properties with a qualifying tenant. This offer is not guaranteed indefinitely so apply now. A small contribution may be required for small flats.

Free Gas Connection

Through our partnership with Affordable Warmth Solutions (AWS) we are able to access funding for Free Gas Connections to most properties off the gas network in Lancashire. This offer is only available through CHiL

Green Homes Grant - Local Authority Delivery

There is now funding to provide larger measures such as Solid Wall Insulation and Renewable Heating Technologies such as Air Source Heat Pumps and Solar Panels. Grants of up to £10,000 are available although a contribution is required from Landlords. Please go to the Green Homes Grant page on our website for further information.

Boiler and Gas Fire Servicing

As a landlord you must service all gas appliances in your properties every 12 months. CHiL has some great prices with multi-appliance discounts.

Need an EPC?

Our in-house team of surveyors are qualified to carry out full EPCs for £60 inclusive of VAT.

Need a new boiler?

There is no ECO funding available towards the cost of a replacement boiler in a privately rented property. However we can provide a competitively priced quote for a replacement boiler including a 5 year warranty.
Cosy Homes In Lancashire
Commissioned by Blackburn with Darwen Council on behalf of the Lancashire Authorities. The scheme is managed by Rhea Projects Ltd.
03306 061 488

© 2022 Cosy Homes In Lancashire