Skip to Content
Skip to Main Menu


The Green Homes Grant (Home Upgrade Grant) can provide a grant to replace any single glazed windows and old energy inefficient external doors at your property. To qualify for these measures your property would need to have other energy efficiency measures installed such as loft insulation, cavity wall insulation or solid wall insulation. 

To qualify your property should have an EPC Rating of D, E, F or G, no gas central heating system and your household income should be less than £30,000 per year. All grants are subject to survey which will be carried out by a Retrofit Assessor and Co-ordinator.

To apply and to find out more information go to the Green Homes Grant page.

I have very old double glazed windows. Do they Qualify?

The Green Homes Grant will only cover the cost of upgrading single glazed windows. Any old double glazed units do not qualify.

I have an old wooden front door. Can this be replaced?

If your property has an EPC rating of D, E, F or G and you have a household income of less than £30,000 then the Green Homes Grant can cover the cost of replacing old external doors providing other energy efficiency measures are needed in the house.

Can I ask a Window company to provide a quote to replace my windows and doors?

Only contractors working on the Cosy Homes in Lancashire scheme can do the work. If you and your property qualify then apply online and we will arrange a survey and appoint a contractor
Cosy Homes In Lancashire
Commissioned by Blackburn with Darwen Council on behalf of the Lancashire Authorities. The scheme is managed by Rhea Projects Ltd.
03306 061 488

© 2022 Cosy Homes In Lancashire